Wednesday, 31 May 2017

What to do after being hurt at Work?

Work Accident Injury Lawyer Illinois
Nobody wants to get injured, especially at work! The initial pain of a workplace injury is rapidly followed by uncertainty, frustration with the claims process, and significant disruptions to everyday life which often including long-term disability or suffering.

If you’ve been hurt at the workplace and aren’t sure what to do next, all of these things about claims and compensation might seem a bit of problems. You need to figure out your next steps before you start to walk into the difficult and lengthy process of Workers Compensation.

The steps which needs to be considered after being hurt at the workplace are as follows:
  1. Inform your employer right away : The very first thing you need to do after being hurt at work is inform your employer — rather in writing. Type or email a letter explaining what happened, and be certain that you should keep a copy for yourself.
  1. File Necessary Paperwork : Employees have a duty to file a claim with the Commission soon after being hurt at work. If you are unable to do so within the time period, then it can cause you to permanently lose your rights to compensation under the system.
  1. Take medical treatment as soon as possible : If your workplace accident caused intense or life-threatening injuries, then you should be rushed to an Emergency Room for urgent medical care. Otherwise, you’ll need to arrange for medical attention on your own.
  1. Contact Illinois Work Injury Lawyer : Workplace injury persons often misunderstand their rights under the Workers Compensation system. Claims are often unfairly reduced or disown because injured parties may not have realized that what they are entitled to under the laws of Illinois workers compensation system.

At The Law Offices of Elfenbaum, Evers & Amarilio P.C. which is a reputed law firm located in Chicago, Illinois for the last 25 years. Our experienced work accident injury lawyer Illinois will fight for your rights with the employer. Additionally, we offer initial free consultation in person or over the phone to help you better understand your rights.

For more information, kindly visit our website You can also contact us at (312) 226-2650 for any query.

No comments:

Post a comment